1/25/13

I have a *Marketing* dream

Marketing DreamMonday was Martin Luther King JR Day, which made me think about dreams, my dreams. Not to steal MLK's thunder, but I also have a dream. We all have dreams.

My dream is definately more career focused than most of my friends. I'm not a singer or an athlete. My talent lies in networking and marketing. I feel that I have a talent for marketing that could be use in a larger capacity. Right now, I'm not exactly sure how.

I know I want to make a difference. I want to help people. I enjoy networking and connecting people to others that could benefit them. I dream about making an impact through marketing on a national, even global scale. I want to be a part of somethng that is bigger than just me.

Today I randomly opened one of my favorite books, The Secret, to a page where I had highlighted the following quotes:

"Most of us have never allowed ourselves to want what we truly want, because we can't see how it's going to manifest."  ~ Jack Canfield

"Anyone that ever accomplished anything did not know how they were going to do it. They only knew they were going to do it." ~ Bob Proctor

Woah! If that's true, I must be on the right track:
  • I have a dream and that's step one.
  • I regualrly network with enterepreneurs and other social media marketing and technology professionals. 
  • My career expereinces so far are also a great contributors to "the cause":  
    I've had the opportunity to work on advertising and marketing campaigns for global brands - Nissan, The Home Depot, Ebonite, Pillsbury, and others.
  • I've made an impact locally by founding and overseeing the growth of Social Media Club Nashville over the past three years.
Now that I think about it, I may already be "Living the Dream." I'm going to enjoy seeing where it takes me next.

I believe dreams are based on hope, fueled by goals and planning, sparked by action, and set fire by blazing a trail in daring to take chances.

I made that up, so you can quote me when I'm famous.   ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! Please leave a comment.